Welcome!

Friday, September 25, 2009

ashamed?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes." -Romans 1:16

"We are called to be the light of the world, so that God can reveal the radiance of His glory through our lives. Yes, feel the weighty responsibility of it, but also feel the privilege. Christ is not ashamed of us (Heb. 2:11). What honor!"

Have you ever forgotten your identity in Christ? Hidden the fact that you were a Christian? Or gone through a time where you haven't fully disclosed your identity?

Ever been in a situation where God is calling you to 'stick up for' Him but you remain silent?

Today, as I was working with the college students, one of the girls shared with me that she felt it was hard to be Christian in some of her classes. We talked about how some professors take off points for your opinion differing from theirs.

Often, at my job, I feel like it's not okay to have my own opinion. Like I am not allowed "stick up for" God. Like I will get 'points taken off.' Just yesterday, I was talking to Mardi about how it can be difficult to be a Christian in the public school setting. In a place where there is supposed to be a separation of church and state. (I know... I've had this conversation with many of you.)

A separation? What a sad thought to think that there would be a separation between my creator and the work He currently has me doing.

Even if we forget our identity, He doesn't. He is always by our side. He never takes His hand off of us. He is never separated from us. He is not ashamed of us. He 'sticks up for' us. Always.

Lord, help me to always let Your light shine. To reveal the radiance of Your glory. To not be ashamed. To never separate myself from you. Always. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi,

    I am reading "Reduce Me to Love" by Joyce Meyer. I flagged a page early last week that I had wanted to share with you (God works in mysterious ways).

    "God is love, and He loves righteousness (knowing you are right with God - acting right, talking right, etc.) - therefore, those who walk in love must also love righteousness. Psalm 97:10 states that if we love the Lord, we must hate evil. Those who love righteousness are ofte persecuted for it - Jesus was, and we are not above our Master (Matthew 10:24).

    You may work in an environment that is filled with evil and unrighteousness, bad language, gossip, hatred, envy, greed, immoral relationships, etc. If you take a stand for righteousness, you may be made fun of, talked about unkindly or even totally rejected. But love never fails. Keep walking in love, hating injustice and unrighteousness, and the favor of God will come upon your life in an astounding way, as the Lord has promised: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled" (Matthew 5:6 NKJV)

    Don't hate evil people, just their evil ways. God hates sin, but He loves sinners. Don't compromise and sink to the level of others just to win their favor. The favor of God is so wonderful; it cannot be compared to the favor of man."

    She then goes on to discuss Daniel and Joseph...

    ReplyDelete