Welcome!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hello, My Name Is...

...Mary. Co-Creater of Conversations Challenging Complacency. Okay, now I will stop copying Heidi's post - but it is difficult to follow a post like that - lesson being "always post before Heidi". Seriously though, I am not the brains behind the blog. I've had the desire to blog and then God pointed Heidi in my direction with a Bible study idea and from that conversation stemmed the idea to blog together. We are each doing separate Bible studies, with different churches and different groups of women being lead by the one true God to grow in our faith and not become complacent. So there is your introduction to our blog.

A little bit about me...

I was blessed to have two strong Christian parents and do not remember a time in my life not knowing Jesus. I do remember a time of finally questioning Jesus and really learning to trust Him, to want to be more like Him and to walk with Him. That was in college. My junior year. Just as junior year was getting started I met a wonderful young woman who just had the light of the Lord shining so brightly that I couldn't help but walk toward and it and be attracted to it. I could not understand where her light was coming from, but I knew I wanted that love for others and pure joy in life's experiences. Through many (many, many, many) conversations, Bible study together and the power of prayer I feel I finally became a friend of God, instead of just an admirer.

Now, years later, I am thankful to say that woman is still a huge part of my life, that she is still Jesus' disciple in my life and that she has seen me to this point. I am now a wife to an amazing man, Jon, that I thank God for everyday. I am now a mom to a handsome and intelligent (I'm his mom, people...) baby boy, Matthew, that I thank God for everyday - I am totally amazed now that God would choose us to take part in one of His greatest miracles. It helps me to believe that God truly has a plan, that He knew my son before he was born and knows him as an old man. All I have to say is "Jeremiah 29:11" - it's true, and God will.

So, why am I blogging? Mostly because I think that we really grow when we can teach others (lucky for you, Heidi is an amazing teacher and I - well - I will try) but also I just thrive on Christian fellowship, something that I am seeking more and more of, and I think that blogging with Heidi is going to be an amazing experience! But, I think this is just one small way for us to let His light shine, to maybe touch a life, and to inspire deeper and personal growth by us and those who read it. Hebrews 10:24-25 says Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Why "Facing Your Giants"? This study, by Max Lucado, is one that was placed in my path. When I first signed up for the Bible study group, Women's Connections, at our church, it was because I was at home with Matthew and I wanted to meet other Christian mom's. The initial study for our small group was "Fireproof" and then the group chose "Facing Your Giants". Before we really dug in to "Facing Your Giants" our group went on a break for summer and we have decided to dig back in!

When we first started "Giants" I thought, "well, I have no Giants". Oh, we all have Giants.

I am excited about blogging with Heidi because her mind amazes me. She will, and has already, inspired me to grow in my faith and most of all to challenge complacency. I am excited to hear from readers of the blog and we hope that through this the Lord touches your heart. As Heidi indicated, introduce yourself in our comments! (Anonymously if you would like)

No comments:

Post a Comment