Welcome!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Does God Even Know Where I Work?

Have you ever felt alone? Like God was nowhere to be found? Like no matter how much you prayed, begged, and pleaded you couldn't find an answer, you couldn't feel Him? Have you ever felt that the lonely set of footprints in the sand were your own? 

One of the questions I had before starting the Esther study was why is God not directly mentioned in this book? And since He is not, why are we studying it?

Beth's answer in short was, God's name may not be in it, but HE'S ALL OVER IT.

He's all over it. There are times in my walk with Him that I feel very close to Him. I feel like I ask a question and BOOM, the answer is right in front of me. There are times when I doubt Him and BOOM, He gives me a concrete reason to trust. I know, without a doubt, at those times He IS all over it.

But.

There are times. There are times when I'm sitting at my desk. Almost in tears. Feeling helpless. Feeling Hopeless. I wonder where He is. I question Him. I think, "Does God even know where I work?!?" It seems so Godless here.

Just like in the pages of Esther, at times, I can't outwardly, directly see God. But maybe that is the point. Does God have lessons to teach me about how He is always here? ALWAYS by my side. Even when I cannot feel Him. Even when I cannot see His work.

When I say, I feel all alone. God says, I am always there. “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” -Hebrews 13:5


When I don't feel God, when I don't see God, He tells me He is there. Both in the miracles and in the mundane, God has a hand in it. Maybe the true miracle is the everyday natural works that God does in our lives. Even when we cannot see Him.

"Faith is being sure of what we Hope for and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

7 comments:

  1. Do you read Proverbs 31 Daily Devotions? There is a great devotion today about finding God in the mundane.
    http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2009/09/finding-god-in-laundry-room.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all things Proverbs 31! Will have to check that out. And I am totally with you on the "does God even know where I work sentiment?" (Hey, does this count as my giveaway entry?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela (Okay, that's just weird for me), PJ, you should introduce yourself at the introduction :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that. I tweeted it to you last night. Hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you so much- I am so blessed to have a sister in Christ with you.

    The entry "God, do you know where I work?" has been on my mind lately.

    I too, understand how this is. But I want to encourage you,

    The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

    I know what it is like to work in a school. I know what it is like to face the negativity.
    I know what it is like to feel like you are by yourself, like you are the only one who works the way you do.

    But remember and remain steadfast in your faith,
    God needs us to fulfill his works. To do what he created us to do. And that is not always easy. In fact, it is often painful and very difficult. It often feels like it is more than we can bear. But God calls us to use the gifts he has given us, and fulfill our destiny with Christ as our lord.

    For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

    You are one of the most incredible people I know, and I know that you are constantly and consistently fulfilling Christ's vision for you, and completing good works that God has prepared for you using the gifts God has given you.

    Remain steadfast in Christ's love for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Christa!! YOU are a good, true friend. Thank you for always encouraging me and for encouraging so many others!
    Keep me updated on your flight status! :) And get yourself over to the introduction post so when we use random generator to choose the winner, you'll be in the running for the giveaway! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete